Monday, April 20, 2009

Psalm 23

The funeral service for my dad was beautiful. His exuberance and passion for life was seen by all, even those who did not have the privilege of knowing him. I'll admit I am hurt and feeling a lot of pain, but I know that Jesus is here. He sees me, inside and out. He will heal me and may use my healing to show others his healing love and power. He washes over me and cleanses me. Psalm 23 "The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; He leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to His name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley of death, I will not be afraid, for You are close beside me. Your rod and Your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You welcome me as a guest, anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in in the house of the Lord forever."

1 comment:

  1. There is a balm in Gilead that heals the wounded soul. I pray that His healing waters would overwhelm like never before and that hat u would experience the depths of His presence. I love u so much Ashley, the HS is right there with ya! Just as much as i love Pastor Aaron i love u as well. Peace!

    ReplyDelete