Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Rest of the Trip and a Surprise Ending

We're back home and everyone was so glad to see each other this morning. We arrived home late last night so the boys were already in bed. They were all very rambunctious for a few hours after reuniting. Before I get to today, I need to finish telling you about the rest of our trip. Monday was our official tourist day. We saw the entire city of Chicago from a Double-Decker bus and got an even better view from the top of the Sears Tower. Officially called Willis Tower now. After lunch we hit the shops on Michigan Avenue (my favorite part of the trip)! The next day the group went out to a water park while Isaiah and I stayed back to rest. I was able to spend personal time with the Pastor's wife of Living Stones who, by the way, has EIGHT kids! Needless to say I had tons of questions. I walked away with the importance of dealing with the heart of your children throughout every age and stage of their lives, not just their actions. The day ended with a Life House vs. Living Stones volleyball tournament where we kicked their butts! Actually I didn't play. I went to sleep early for the long ride home the next day. But I was very excited to hear about it! The biggest news is the accident that happened at a Rest Area on the way home. Isaiah fell on a window sill and split his cheek open. We had to go to an ER while the rest of the group ate lunch. One hour later, he had four stitches in his cheek. He hardly cried when it happened, but screamed angrily while getting the stitches. I'm usually very calm when serious accidents happen, but this was the first time I had to watch my child in pain. I teared up a little, but over all I had peace. He is much better now, just looks pretty roughed up. Though the boys were excited to see each other, my older two were very careful of Isaiah's "bo-bo." Today, Aaron and I spent the day with the kids at the bowling alley, going grocery shopping, and cleaning the house. Come on tomorrow, I am ready for you!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are so awesome to do all that you do. Such an inspiration to all the other mothers trying to balance life with children.

    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete