Tuesday, November 17, 2009

For Free!!

Sometimes in life we question if God knows us or what's going on in our lives. It's so funny to me that I act so surprised every time God does something to convince me that he does know me and sees everything going on in my life. A few years ago, God told Aaron to quit his job at Houston's, which was our primary source of income. At the time we needed a babysitter on certain nights of the week to be at church, but honestly couldn't afford to pay one. Faced with this dilemma, I jokingly (but secretly meaning it) asked God to give us a dependable babysitter that I would feel very comfortable with for free! I guess it really does only take "faith as small as a mustard seed" because a few days later, our regular babysitter called us and said God told her to bless us by babysitting every Tuesday night FOR FREE!! I couldn't believe it. She has faithfully babysat, along with Aaron's parents on Wednesday nights (also for free) for a few years now. It is important to us that our kids are with us as many nights out of the week as possible and that when they do have a sitter, it is one that they know well.
It happened again with Aaron's new job. I halfway jokingly (but secretly serious) asked God to give him a job that would be light on his knees and arms because of his past accident and old basketball injuries, and one that payed well and he did! It's exactly what I asked for!
I didn't even ask God for this next one. He knows right where I am. Aaron and I have been toying around with the idea of hiring a nanny who could come over 1-2 times a week so I can get away to do things without the boys. After talking with a woman at our church, we discovered that we are the answer to each other's prayer. She is almost in the "empty nest" stage of life, wanting to be around small children, and I am in the "crazy toddler years" where I want to get away from children! She will be coming over once a week FOR FREE and we are both so excited.
Now it's not always this easy for me. Many times I wonder if God hears me at all. I mean I begged God to heal my dad and he died, but there are those times when I am, yet again, amazed. I'm hoping the next time I'm questioning God's power and ability I'll remember today.

2 comments: