Wednesday, January 27, 2010

NRP Conference

Well the NRP Conference in Orlando was of course amazing. It was a conference for pastors all around the U.S. to come together to connect and get re-inspired. Mark Batterson was the main speaker and he was a perfect fit. The theme was "Merge" meaning that God is a generational God whose desire is merge the generations together to accomplish his will. He doesn't just see and have a plan for us now, but all of history and the future are part of his big picture plan. Mark had the experience and background to get the respect of the older pastors while still young and cool enough to connect with the younger pastors and youth pastors.
More than the theme of the conference, God personally did so much in my heart about spiritual a mother/father. I've always desired spiritual parents, but had the wrong mindset about it. God showed me that just like we don't pick our natural parents, we don't pick our spiritual parents. God has placed me at my church under my pastors to be my spiritual parents and I'm so grateful for them. Not that everything is perfect, but because we are a family, we work through things.
God is giving me a new heart and teaching me what true submission and faithfulness to spiritual authority really means. Seeing it this way, I can be thankful for the trials and times of confusion I go through because in all of it God is changing my heart and if I stick it out, my heart will be purified in the process.
I'm thankful for the covering you get from spiritual authority. I know that no matter where we go or what we do in life we won't have to face it alone. I really like how God set it up as a family. And I thank God that he's helped me embrace what he has set up because it's good.
It was also amazing to see some of our dearest friends in ministry who live from California to Washington D.C. Thank you God for my spiritual family! I would never want to do it without them.

1 comment:

  1. Powerful Ashley. I can relate to a non-perfect work it through family realty. I was just thinking how horrible it would be to NOT have such a wonderful family! So thankful to be part of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete