Saturday, April 17, 2010

Making New Memories

Thursday turned out to be a great day. My sister and I were able to have lunch together and actually talk. That may sound strange to most but it's actually rare that we engage in meaningful conversation. Every time we are together we have our kids, ages 5 and under, so the only talking we do is to the kids. After lunch we went to the gravesite to plant seeds that should blossom in a couple of months. Later that night we went to our step-mom's house for a fun girls night. We laughed and told stories of my dad and talked about many other subjects. Although I don't like the reason for the getting together, I'm thankful to be able to make new memories with the important people that are in my life. Even this weekend will be full of more memories. Today we have a birthday party, a graduation, and an engagement party. I'm getting a new sister-in-law! Tomorrow we are going to a bridal show!! I love wedding planning!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you'll had a good day. I was thinking of you'll a lot. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for helping to welcome our new family member Ashley. ANOTHER superstar joining the family!!

    ReplyDelete