Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bowling Day

Today I took my boys bowling. I signed us up for a "kids bowl free" program during the summer. When you hear the title you'd think you were off to a cheap day of family fun, but NO. I thought all you had to do was bring the coupons, so I handed them to the lady behind the desk and she said, "That'll be $17.50." I was like, "What?" (Thinking it was all going to be free). Shoe rental used to be $1/person, now is $4/person. Then of course they tell you that they are giving you a discount on their kids meal, but after I got there, I found out that every kids meal is $2.99. So after renting our shoes and buying us all lunch, I walked out of the bowling alley spending $40 I didn't expect to spend! Sorry Aaron :)
Other than that we really did have a great time together. I especially enjoyed noticing how they all have their own bowling strategy. Gabe swings his right arm back as hard as he can and lets it loose down the lane. Judah gets a running start and hurls the ball as hard as he can, and Isaiah surprisingly puts it down in front of the lane and barely pushes it, so it feels like we are waiting for an eternity for it to get to the pins, watching it in slow motion. Knowing their personalities, I would have thought that Judah would have bowled like Isaiah and vise versa. But they did pretty good. Unfortunately for some, I am neither athletic or competitive, so my score was very close to theirs. I barely beat them. Gabe was VERY unhappy about this. You can see he's more like his daddy.

1 comment: