Saturday, September 18, 2010

Tae

This is Tae. He is around 8 years old and has worn this exact same outfit every single time I've seen him. He is one of 5 or 6 kids and lives in the projects near the other two boys, KeJuan & Jacolin. When he first started coming around he was the sweetest, most gentle boy. Lately he's gotten a little bolder & more outspoken. One of my favorite stories of him is the night he came over around 8:00pm after my boys had already gone to bed. I always know it's him from his quiet knocks. After telling him he couldn't play, I closed the door and saw his sad, lost looking face. It seemed as if he had nowhere else to go. I opened the door back up and after asking him a few questions, I found out that his mom had just mopped and kicked everybody out. I don't blame her. Sometimes I wish I could do the same thing! Since he hadn't yet eaten dinner, I invited him in for some leftover spagetti and meat sauce. It was a nice time. We had a sweet little conversation in a quiet house with all of my attention on him. After two large servings and two cups of juice, he was on his way. I'm glad I have that memory of him.

1 comment: