Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Women's Encounter 2010

This past weekend was our yearly Women's Encounter. They are always so good. There was such an atmosphere of the love of the Father and personal inner healing. When my eyes are opened to the work of Jesus on the cross, I see life through a different lens. It is easier for me to be more giving and self-sacrificial with my life verses clinching my life in my hands so that I can control the way it goes.
This was my second time speaking and I really enjoyed it. Everything I'm hearing lately has been speaking to me about going to Florida because honestly in my heart I've been a little nervous about going. Not that I'm second guessing anything, but dealing with the usual questions of what it's really going to be like. Am I going to like it there? Is God going to provide for me and my family? Is he going to personally meet me there the way he has the last few years in youth ministry? He's been comforting me through my personal Bible readings, my life group, Sunday morning services, and of course at this Encounter.
There was a song that one of the speakers played that sums it all up:
"I know it may get lonely, but I know I'm not alone.
I seek you in the wilderness because that's where you are.
You whisper like the breeze and speak to my heart.
The Lord says to walk the narrow road.
He is on that narrow road waiting for me to hold my hand, to guide me, to walk alongside of me."

1 comment:

  1. And the answer is....
    YES, YES, AND YES...
    Brig

    ReplyDelete