Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Favorite Apps

So I know this is bad but I was sooo sleepy today and I drank a Red Bull. The bigger boo boo was that I drank it around 4pm and it is currently 1am the next morning and I am wide awake! I did everything I could think of to prepare for tomorrow, I cleaned up around the house, I wrote down tons of stuff swirling around in my head, and now it's time to write a new blog.
I absolutely love my iPhone Apps, so I thought I would share my top three with you. My first favorite App is the daily broadcast of Focus on the Family. It's only about 30 minutes so I usually listen to it on the road. I crank up some fun music for the boys and put it on the back speakers while I listen to my daily broadcast. James Dobson is no longer on it, but it is still so insightful. I have learned so much about marriage and parenting just in the last month. You just go on it, look at the titles, and listen to the ones you like. After listening I always feel encouraged that I'm either on the right track or inspired to make necessary changes. I think everyone should listen to it no matter what stage of life they are in and I'm pretty sure it works the same way on their website.
My second favorite App is a pregnancy one. There are little tidbits of info everyday for me to read about the baby's growth or mine. There is a checklist to remind me to take care of myself and the baby and even informational videos.
My third and newest favorite App is a Crockpot App. I actually just got it (literally just now), so I haven't tested it out yet but it looks awesome! Since life has gotten busier for us in the Vogel family, I have discovered and come to love the Crockpot. I have also been on a mission to try new things in it and cook food in better ways to make it taste better instead of bland and typical. I have seen a couple of Rachael Ray shows about how to improve Crockpot dinners which have helped. Just last week I was in the checkout at a grocery store and saw a small Crockpot recipe book. Apparently you can do drinks and breakfast in the Crockpot too! That is where I found out about this App. It has top recipes and seasonal dishes. You can choose what kind of cuisine you want like French, German, Italian, etc. There is a random recipe button that shuffles and lands on a random recipe if you just can't decide what to cook. There are a few personal things like a shopping list, family favorites, and what you are cooking for dinner that night. There are tips on all kinds of subjects and so much more! I really think I'm gonna love it.
It's great to be informed and improve on the important things in my life and the best part about it is that all three of these Apps were free and have changed my life in one way or another.

2 comments:

  1. Is the "Focus on the Family" app strictly for iPhone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really not sure. That's what I have. I don't know how other phones work.

    ReplyDelete