Friday, January 14, 2011

Potty Time

Today was the first of three days for Isaiah's potty training weekend. Before I potty trained Gabe, I discovered a book called Toddler Wise. One chapter talks on potty training. What I really liked about the book was that it gave three different approaches to potty training. You have the option of potty training your child in 3 days, a couple of weeks, or over a long period of time. You choose which one works best for you based on your lifestyle and personality. The 3 day "Big Potty Weekend" works best for me. I get the other boys out of the house and do nothing but potty train. By the end of the weekend, they are completely out of diapers.
It's interesting how all three boys trained differently. Gabe was not interested at all. I had to make him do everything and I was pregnant with Isaiah at the time so my emotions were rockin! Judah was so compliant and easy I think he could have trained himself. Isaiah, to no one's surprise, has been a bit of a challenge. He wants to do the opposite of everything I tell him to do. He was acting so silly today and laughing about everything which was driving me crazy because I am a serious person and I wanted him to focus. Not him. The whole thing has been a game to him. After our long nap together (that we both needed), we were off to a better start. He finally got the hang of it. I think tomorrow will be much better. By Sunday, he should be completely trained and as he likes to say, "NO MORE DIAPERS!!!"

5 comments:

  1. Just love the details..... I wish I could see it in action!!! Just when you could be finished with diapers for a while, along comes the pink diapers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother got out of diapers really early because when he was little I potty trained him. Whenever I went to the bathroom he had to go too because he wanted to be just like his big brother. So I used the big boy toilet while he used the kiddy toilet that we had. So me and my brother ended up being bathroom buddies in our earlier years

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the end result???? Are the diapers gone????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story Sylvain!
    And yes Aunt Kathy he made it out of diapers!

    ReplyDelete