Wednesday, March 9, 2011

8th Year Anniversary

Yesterday was Aaron and my 8th wedding anniversary. What I really wanted most was to stay home, sleep in, and do whatever I wanted, particularly in the morning and at night (no early risers to beg me to get out of bed, no getting breakfast a million times, no early arguments over toys or what cartoons to watch or who sits where, no interruptions in my morning reading, no having to re-heat and re-heat and re-heat my coffee, no picking up the same toys over and over again, no dinners, baths, or bed times for anyone accept me) and I got my wish. The boys went to my in-laws for two days and two nights. It was bliss.
Then last night I got to spend the afternoon with my wonderful hubby. This season has been a hard one for me and I just love going on dates with Aaron where he helps me navigate my way through my emotions and personal situations. I always feel refreshed every time we have good heart to heart talks. He listens to me, he encourages me, and he always has great insight on doing things a little bit different to help me grow. He's my pastor, my love, and my best friend. We laugh and we flirt. We share our lives together. We grow together. And there's no one else I'd rather do this thing called "life" with. I am confident in his leadership and his character. I trust him with my whole heart. I am so blessed to have him as my own and I look forward to all that God has in store for us.
And a bonus for the night - he took me shopping!!

3 comments:

  1. That was beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to drop by and say that your an awesome woman of God, who I highly admire. Serving under Pastor Aaron and yourself has been a blast. I admire his commitment, leadership, and devotion to God and love for you. I also admire your honor,respect,submission,loyality, and love to God and Pastor Aaron as well. You both are an amazing couple. You two have shown me how to do a marriage right. So when my time comes I will have no doubts or fears becasue I have watch the best couple teach me personally and I will be ready for "the one". So I honor you two for your 8th Year Wedding anniversary. Thank you and I Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. Thanks Ashton! Love you too.

    ReplyDelete