Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Real Pirate

Isaiah's little three year old dreams have finally come true. He is a real Pirate - or so he thinks he is. That's what I had to tell him in order to get him to wear this patch over his eye. No, he did not hurt himself, although I wouldn't be surprised if that ever did happen to him. It's an eye patch, much like a large bandaid. You see, my kids inherited the weirdest things from me - my pokey right ear, the big space in between my big and second toe, and now my lazy eye. When I was Isaiah's age, I had to have surgery to correct the muscles in my eyes. Isaiah's eye doctor told us that he would either have to have eye surgery or a patch. Since wearing glasses, his eye has improved greatly, but not quite enough. So now to Isaiah's delight, he gets to wear "The Patch!!" Unfortunately I'm sure the excitement of it will wear off in a couple of days. Good thing he loves candy and ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment