Monday, July 25, 2011

Last Youth Life Group

Last night was our last life group with our team (pictured above). Aaron taught a great message and a few people gave parting words. It is amazing to me how much my life simply lived out has made such an impact. To me, all I do is cook, clean, try to keep the boys alive (ha ha), etc. Most days I feel insignificant. Last night some of the guys shared how my life has given them a picture of what to look for in a wife/mother. For most of us, it's hard to believe that our "seemingly insignificant" lives and choices make such a difference, but it does. Living our lives God's way reflects God himself and gives people hope. I'm honored to be a part of that because He has made me who I am. As I reflect on the last six years, my parting advice is to give what you can to people who come into your life while they are there. When someone comes along your path, it can be easy to make excuses of why you can't help them, especially if you feel overwhelmed by your own life. But those people never stay long. Lives move and change so much. In some cases I wish I gave more because my season of influence with them didn't last as long and wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. In other cases I'm glad I gave all I could when they needed me. In my next season of ministry, whatever it turns out to be, I will give my all (whatever I can), knowing they will only be in my life for a short time.
We had a great run, youth ministry. I wouldn't have traded it for anything. Thank you God for giving me what I thought I couldn't handle. Your choices for my life are always better than mine.

2 comments:

  1. You and Aaron are such an inspiration!!! Great work.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I got to live the last 6 years with you with these students. You're my sweet wifey!!!

    ReplyDelete