Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lunch Boxes

I'm always amazed when someone tells me they are watching my life. I guess it's because I feel pretty common. Our neighbor recently gave her life to Christ an now works at our kids' school. She told me she loves seeing what I put in Gabe and Judah's lunch boxes because it's healthy and creative. Well that might be a small detail of my life, but I know that it's much bigger than that. It's possibly changing her future generations. Instead of feeding her kids whatever they want, teaching them poor eating habits, she has begun to think about what she buys and feeds her family. She is showing her kids that she cares about them. She is teaching them that their bodies are temples of God. Her kids will in turn do the same or better. I love that!
And that's the beauty of being a Christ follower. He chooses and uses the most common of us all to influence the actual path of other people's lives. When I look at myself I wonder how this is possible, but then I remember that it isn't my greatness that affects their lives. It's Christ in me that influences. I don't need to worry about changing other people's lives to be great. I only need to focus on Jesus changing my mind and character through my relationship with him and people all around me will be forever changed. What a privilege!

No comments:

Post a Comment