Monday, October 24, 2011

There's Baking In The Air

Tis the season for baking (and online shopping! Just saying). I'm not a regular baker, but for some reason when the cold weather comes I get inspired to bake and my family loves it! The first picture below is my grandma's lemon apricot bunt cake. I went to the store about five times looking for apricot nectar but they were all fresh out. So this ended up being all lemon which is Aaron's favorite so no problems there. This was actually my first bunt cake too and it came out great. My kids aren't big cake eaters so you know it's good when they ask for cake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! Next I made peanut butter banana muffins for breakfast. I made them once before and they are delicious. The recipe is from this book Deceptively Delicious. All of the recipes in this book have hidden pureed vegetables in them so the kids get their veggies without even knowing it. I've made most of the recipes without the veggie purees because it is a little bit of a process but everything has still been tasty and I feel great serving it to my family because I know it's healthy.

2 comments:

  1. Your Dad would be proud for continuing those Frost traditions.

    Looks good. When do I get to come over and babysit and get some good baked treats ?????

    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! They look great! I can't believe that was your first bunt cake and first time doing gma's cake!!!! Glad it came out good.
    Brigette

    ReplyDelete