Monday, December 12, 2011

Cajun Snow at Grandma's

Every year growing up my grandma makes fake "snow" from Ivory soap. She shaves it and mixes it with water until it becomes the consistency of heavy whipped cream. She gets a real tree, makes the snow, and the kids put it on the tree with their hands. By the time we are done, it looks like a Cajun White Christmas! My sister and I have done it our whole lives and now it's our kids' turns. This was the only picture I managed to get this year - Mazie (7 months) and I on the left and my sister, Brigette, and her baby, Bailey (10 months) on the right. Since Brigette and I are the only two siblings, it was very special being pregnant with and having our first girls at the same time. I hope my dad is watching. He would get a kick out of it.

2 comments:

  1. AWE !!!!! All my baby girls.

    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly a Frost Christmas story..... I'll never forget the Frost snow at Christmas time...... K

    ReplyDelete