Monday, April 27, 2009

I discovered a new hobby!

I have always had amazing gardens but it had nothing to do with me. In our first home, my wonderful inlaws bought and planted a beautiful garden for us to enjoy. It costs them time, money, love, and backaches. In our new home, the majority of the garden was already planted and since we've been here a year, it's gotten even more beautiful as the bushes have grown and filled out. So I decided this year I wanted to add a few flowers to purk up my garden. My father-in-law always says he didn't have a " green thumb" in gardening until he tried it. He started off knowing nothing and through trial and error has learned a lot and really enjoys it. I gave it a try and now I'm hooked! Every morning I wake up thinking about it. I go out there everyday to pull up the weeds and water it. I started off thinking I'd just need a few things and now I have a list of things to improve my entire backyard! The hard part is being patient enough to wait until it fits into our budget. I ran out of mulch half-way through and it's killing me!

1 comment: