Monday, April 13, 2009

The Real Meaning of Easter: Jesus or Candy?

The day before Easter I was eating breakfast at the kitchen table with my second son, Judah. He was quietly coloring so I took the opportunity to talk to him about Easter. There also happened to be a picture in the paper on the table of a local school performing the death of Jesus. I used this as my prop. Here was the conversation: Mommy (pointing to the picture): "Judah, who's this?" Judah: "Die on the cross." Mommy: "That's right, and who died on the cross?" Judah: "CJ" (I have no idea who that is) Mommy: "No...Jesus." Judah: "Oh." Mommy: "And why did Jesus die on the cross?" Judah (looking up and straight into my eyes): "Can I have candy?" So we are about halfway there! My secondary goal was that my family looked adorable at our church service which, in my opinion, definately happened thanks to my good friend Angelle Marix. My boys were in their button-up gingham shirts with matching vests and khakis while Aaron and I matched in color. I think we may have been one of the best dressed families there! I hope to get you those pictures soon. It was a lot of work. I'm so proud! What was your Easter like this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment