Thursday, May 14, 2009

Teeball

Last night was Gabe's second Teeball game. They are all so adorable in their uniforms and hats. Gabe is the only one out there with his baseball pants hiked up to his knees showing his black baseball socks (also hiked up to his knees) with his hat on backwards. My father-in-law says it's the "classic look." He has the cutest "ready stance." It's so funny to watch them look to their coaches for cues on what to do. Even though they run to first base everytime after batting, they still look in anticipation at their coach for where to go while everyone (especially mom) is yelling out, "Go to first base!!" I'm not really a competative person, but I can feel it rising up in me at the games. It's not that I want the other team to loose, I just want my son to kick butt! They look like a flock of ducks running for the same piece of bread when the ball comes their way. And I just love the childlikeness of these kids. After coming in strong from homeplate, Gabe runs with all of his might to me and his grandpa "Pops" to give us a big hug. We laughed so hard picturing a Major Leaguer running straight to his mommy for a big hug after a homerun! And of course we spent about $5 at the concession stand eating and drinking one of everything they had!

2 comments:

  1. Ashley,
    Gabe sounds precious! I love keeping up with your blog; thanks for sending me the link to it :)
    Love,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastor Aaron tells me Gabe does kick butt he tells me he can hit that ball hard! Gabe must get that competitive edge from someone!

    ReplyDelete