Monday, July 13, 2009

Birthday Parties, Showers, and Playdates

This weekend was super busy and I was in the best mood! I wonder if it's all the sleep I've gotten since the conference? Saturday we had our first birthday party at 10 in the morning, 45 minutes from our house. It was one of those places with about 8 different space walks inside. The minute we walked in the doors, a worker told me that I HAD to have socks and if I didn't bring any I HAD to buy them for $2 a piece!! I was ticked! I was being forced to spend $6 on socks I didn't need. After buying them, we walked into the play area and of course my kids were the only ones who didn't want to play! I wasn't about to waist my $6 so I literally dragged my kids through the space walk maze and down the slides kicking and screaming. That might sound terrible, but it worked! My kids ended up loving it and surprisingly so did I! I felt like a kid again. Eventually, Gabe went off by himself, Judah found someone to hold him because he hated it, and I went in and out of each one with Isaiah who, of course, isn't scared of anything. After pizza, cake, and ice cream, we headed toward the airport to drop of Beth. We went home for naps and two hours later we headed out for one more round. This one was a swim party. The boys had a blast running back and forth from the big pool to the baby pool. No one ate dinner, but Isaiah's tummy grew by the minute as he ate cupcake after cupcake! Everyone went home ready for another good night's sleep. Sunday after church I attended a baby shower for my best friend in college. She introduced me to my husband. They are having a girl and I was SOOO jealous looking at all those pink girly things! Now we are off to McDonald's for a much needed playdate.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoy your blogs. I have only read two so far but I plan to read them all. Keep it up, your a good writer. I'm a little confused though. Why did you have to buy three socks? ha. j/j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, it still posted as anon. The above post is by Kwon Waguespack =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try again ryan.
    Sincerly,
    Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you were jealous looking at the pink stuff. Was Gabe more jealous? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gabe wasn't there, but he would have asked me the whole way home when we're gonna have a baby girl!

    ReplyDelete