Saturday, July 18, 2009

Bowling

On Thursday Gabe, Judah, and I went bowling for the first time together! It was practically like my first time because I SUCK! Honestly I'm horrible at any sport. Last time Gabe watched me play volleyball he asked me afterwards why I kept trying to hit the ball but couldn't. I was mortified! It's good for me that my boys are still so young. They were my excuse to get the bumpers and not do as bad as I normally would have or I would have heard all the way home, "Mommy, why did your ball keep going in the gutter?" Really, it's Aaron's fault. Gabe got his athletic genes from him. Along with those you get the competitive ones too! Actually, Gabe was really good. Most of the time his ball went straight down the middle of the lane. He got several spares and even got a strike! He was obviously frustrated when he didn't get a spare. It's like he expected to get one every time! Judah, on the other hand, is like his mommy. He could care less about winning and has never been interested in athletic activities. He quit half-way through and danced to the music the rest of the time. Naturally, Gabe was more than happy to play for him. Immediately after the game ended, he wanted to know who won. Thankfully I beat him so I could save face (but barely). He was beating me most of the game. I came back towards the end and only beat him by six points (and that was WITH the bumpers)! I know. I'm sad. I was a darn good cheerleader though! We had a great time together and that's what really counts.

4 comments:

  1. That's great i love those guys and roly poly and u of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE reading your blog. It is so funny and always brightens my day. Keep it up and thanks.

    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much mom and Coach! You have always supported me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soon enough Gabe will be whooping Aaron too. That's what I want to see.
    -me

    ReplyDelete