Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Today is the day!!!!

It's here! Our first ever No Compromise Youth Conference! To me, it feels like planning a wedding. You do all the planning you can to ensure your vision comes to pass. The day of , you do everything last minute possible, then you sit back to let the massive ball that everyone created roll on it's own. It's almost smooth sailing from here. Hopefully! The bad news is that the forecast says thunderstorms for the entire conference and I have a large pimple forming directly under my left nostril. I'm in my kitchen, sitting in a quiet house, begging God to make my kids sleep till 8:00 so I can finish preparing my message for the YPW's (Youth Pastor's Wives). It's already storming and I'm writing on my brand new Mac Pro!!! I got it a couple of days ago from my wonderful step-dad. He's one of the most giving people I know. I think one of the interns is going to watch my kids while both Aaron and I finalize our messages. Beth, a friend from Indiana, has been staying here. She came in for the conference. We are expecting around 200 people. Later this afternoon, I'm dropping my boys off at my in-laws and going to get a fresh hair cut. I'm sure I won't see my husband until tonight. He's been working so hard with everyone. So that's it! Pray for us and maybe we'll see you there!

2 comments: