Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What's your fruit?

This summer has been our busiest ever as a family! I have very mixed feelings about being busy. When I am, I'm stressed, and stressed for me is not a pretty sight! When I'm not, I feel lonely and purposeless. Of course I recognize these are just emotions and I am in the process of chilling out. I realize I don't have to live life so seriously, but it's my personality, so to go against this is going against what's natural for me. I've really had to focus more than ever on the Fruits of the Spirit. I know them by heart, but are they really a part of my character? I once heard a little saying in Bible College that goes, "Just like when an orange is squeezed and orange juice comes out, when you are squeezed, the fruit you really are will come out." With three boys and a busy life I get squeezed all the time and I wish more sweetness came out! Thank God I have a low maintenance husband!!! I am on a mission to learn and display the Fruits of the Holy Spirit instead of my ugly old flesh. So since our vacation, this is what we've been up to: We had a youth retreat called ONE Day (our youth name is ONE), I joined two lifegroups (a playgroup and a Bible Study on women in the Bible), our last teeball game, Father's Day, a tubing trip, both Gabe and Judah's birthdays and their parties (a boys sleepover that I will HAVE to tell you about another time, and a family fun day at Chuck E Cheese), an awesome girls' conference and an awesome youth conference at other churches, an MRI, almost got lasik, and biggest of all - preparing for our very own, first ever youth conference (which I will tell you about soon). Tomorrow, we are picking up a precious girl from Indiana to stay with us before and during the conference. Lord help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment