Sunday, October 18, 2009

This is the Life

Aaron and I have decided to get away for a night. We are staying at a 4-star hotel in New Orleans and let me tell you it is nice!! It kind of feels like a third honeymoon. I say third because we went back to our honeymoon hotel for our 1-year anniversary. When we arrived, there were chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us. Aaron surprised me and got the "Deluxe Package" and a river view suite. The view is amazing and the room is double the size of normal rooms with a separate room connected to the bedroom. He said, "That way if someone wants to read we won't disturb the other one sleeping." How considerate! We also get breakfast IN BED tomorrow morning. I love breakfast, especially in bed! It's funny how your mindset changes so much after having children. I don't know if I was excited to have the strawberries because they were so good or because I didn't have to share them with three begging children. Tonight we are going to a concert and it will be great to stay out as late as we want (although we will probably be looking forward to getting to bed as early as possible because we are tired old parents of toddlers). Tomorrow after our breakfast in bed, we might do a little shopping in the Canal Place Shopping Center, eat lunch, and maybe even catch a movie. It's going to be cool to get a little taste of the single life again, but I'll be glad to see my three little rascals by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment