Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Confession: Your Doorway to Freedom and Forgiveness

I am trying very hard to figure out how to blog from my phone so you can get a real look into my life and see pictures! Yay! I did everything I was supposed to do and for some reason it's not working!! AAAHHHH! I joined Facebook to be more connected to everyone else's lives, but disabled it a few days later. Three letters - TMI (too much information). So if I can't figure this mobile blogging out, I may have to switch sites. I will do my best to keep my address. Maybe I'll just get my own website?? I know NOTHING of these things.
Anyway, I've been reading a lot on the subject of confession and wanted to share it. It may take a few posts, but it will transform your life if you have the guts to do it.
First I want to start off with a scripture from Proverbs 28:13 "He who conceals his sin does not prosper, but he who confesses and renounces them will find mercy." WOW, this is so true. Is there something in your life that no one knows about? I know confession is so hard. I hate it, yet I love it. It is the doorway to our freedom. I don't understand why, but this is how God chose it. Just like salvation - we confess out of our mouths that Jesus is Lord and believe in our hearts that God raised him from the dead, and we will be saved - Rom 10:9. It has to come out of our own mouths. Pride keeps our mouths shut. Humbling ourselves saves us from our prisons. It is humbling to confess that Jesus is Lord because we are saying "I am no longer Lord." Our pride wants us to believe that we've got it all together and we can keep it that way. But that is a lie.
In my own life, when I was bound by a sin habit, I thought I had the ability to just stop and no one had to know (major pride). I was bound daily with guilt and insecurity. Stopping never happened and it never would have. It wasn't until I confessed to my mentor (very humbling) that I found forgiveness and mercy and the ability to stop. My pride also told me that I didn't need to be forgiven. But through confession, I realized that I had sinned against God and certain people and I DID need forgiveness. God showed me two practical things to do to get out of my prison. Confession truly has transformed me. Thank God he gives us a way out!

No comments:

Post a Comment