Saturday, October 23, 2010

Changes

Most everyone knows the big news and all of the changes in our family but just in case you've missed it Baby Vogel #4 is on it's way! We waited a little while to tell everyone this time, so I am already almost out of my 1st Trimester and totally showing! Because of the baby (due May 13th) we have decided not to go to Florida until after the birth which will be at least May, possibly through the summer. We will continue to pastor the youth at Life House Church until then.
At first this was hard for me to accept. Not that I didn't want to stay, but because I'm the type of person who gets a plan set in my mind (from God or myself) and I don't want anything (including God sometimes) to change that plan. I know, that's total pride. Am I God or is He?
So I had to release MY plan to God and trust His hand in all of the changes. He's the one who created the baby and did it at this exact timing for a reason and He knows all things. What He wants from us more than anything is our trust and obedience.
The Bible says that Noah consistently followed God's will and he enjoyed a close relationship with Him. Trust and obedience came before a close relationship with God. Sometimes when God asks us to do something, we don't always understand. Obedience can unlock understanding. It isn't until after we obey that we see why God asks us to do something. Sometimes we may never understand. Either way, He is God, I am not. I will choose to trust and obey His wisdom and guidance, not my own.
"The Lord is pleased with those who worship Him and trust His love." Psalms 147:11
"Lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path." Proverbs 3:5

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!! We are so happy and excited for you'll !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN SISTA!! When you start doubting or wondering what's going on with your life....re-read this blog. It's encouraging when we don't understand why our life gets flipped upside down AS SOON AS we have it all figured out. God likes to keep us on our toes sometimes. But I'm glad yall are staying longer.
    Brigette

    ReplyDelete