Saturday, November 13, 2010

You're Only Two

I know you're so tired but you cry and tell me that you don't want to take a nap. I know it's because you're only two. Sometimes you seem so much older, but I have to remember you are only two. You love me and always want to be around me. Sometimes I don't like it, but then I think, "You won't be two forever." So I pick you up and you immediately quiet down. I feel your head heavily on my shoulder. Your feet wrapped around me, your arms dangling. I hear your breathing getting louder. I'm amazed how fast you fall asleep. I know I need to lay you down but I want to hold you a little bit longer because I remember that you are only two and you won't be two for much longer. I sit and try to lodge this sweet memory into my mind. Will I remember this moment? I lay you down and cover you up. You look like an angel. I'm glad you're still only two.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy every moment like I did with my 3 little boys! Before you know it they are 30, 28, & 24yrs old. The moments are being relived for me though, it's when I get to rock their babies now. Love, Aaron's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Beautiful writing.

    Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful posting!!!!! Granny Lois

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go ahead- make my eyes sweat - again.

    ReplyDelete