Friday, December 17, 2010

Sisterhood Saturday

This past Saturday was our first ever Sisterhood Saturday. Our pastor's wife has decided to give her team of twelve women an opportunity to plan and run a ministry for one day. She is calling it Sisterhood Saturdays. We will be broken up into teams of three and there will be one every three months or so. I was privileged to be on the first team and I must say it was fabulous!
We had early morning fellowship over coffee and donuts and four sessions throughout the day on topics concerning marriage, motherhood, and leaving a family legacy. The decorations were amazing and each woman got a gift bag with things in it that had special meanings according to our topics.
Our team worked very well together which is a huge plus because you know when three women get together to make decisions there is bound to be disagreements, but we didn't disagree once! The entire day went very smooth and I realized how much I love being in ministry and having the opportunity to share with women my own struggles and victories in hopes of helping them overcome their own. (Maybe I just like talking about myself :-)
The day ended earlier than expected, so I was able to meet Aaron at Starbucks for an hour before we had to head home to put the boys in bed. It was a great day and I can't wait to see what the next team comes up with!

1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful! I loved everything about it, especially the decorations. I love that old era. And all the speakers had such great and practical things to say. Love it and yall did such a nice job!
    Brigette

    ReplyDelete