Thursday, August 11, 2011

Surprise Date #1

I have to admit that in the past 8 years of our marriage I haven't been too creative, nor have I put forth much effort for our date nights. I've actually been quite lazy, expecting him to do all of the work in dating me. After listening to a Focus on the Family broadcast, I realized we needed a fresh spirt of romance, and it needed to come from me. So I went to work coming up with ideas (with help from the Internet of course). Like I said, I'm not too creative.
So here's the challenge - I have $20 every other week for our date nights.
My plan - to surprise Aaron with an awesomely romantic date night for $20 or less.
Tonight was our first one and it was a hit. Here we are at a friend's house. My friend and I set the scene and I brought the food. After dinner we even went for a paddle boat ride! Aaron was extremely pleased and it made me feel more connected and committed to the growth of our marriage.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! but where's the 2nd woman in his life????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! With our friends. It was great!

    ReplyDelete