Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm taking the Homeschool plunge!

Through much prayer, thought, and some great conversations with other homeschooling moms, I've decided to homeschool my kids. Of course my boys aren't in "real" school yet, so I have time to feel it out. I'm going to experiment with a curriculum I found online for preschoolers ages 2-5. I plan on taking things slow and getting my feet wet. That way I can decide how far I want to go with it and if I can handle the real thing. As for now, I'm looking for ideas for the summer to keep us all busy. I want to keep my kids away from the tv and video games and get their attention onto physical activities and learning. So far our plans are to go to the library once a week to get involved in a reading circle. They will also be doing crafts there. Then, I found out that you can register your kids at the bowling alley and get two free games a day! So you know we'll be doing that. We all go stir crazy when we're stuck inside of our house, so we need to keep the activities going. Gabe can get hyper so fast it seems like there is a little Mexican Jumping Bean inside of his little body trying to get out. Judah can hang with anything going on, and Isaiah is Mr. Busybody, exploring everything is his little world with a very short patience level. Since becoming a mom I am ADD (not really but I feel like it). Last summer we went on a local swamp tour. We all got to feed and pet an alligator! I'm sure this summer will have many adventures in store for us. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. You ahould ask my mom about homeschooling if u haven't already. It's going to be a busy summer no doubt!

    ReplyDelete