Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Walk of Faith

Faith is a challenge in two ways: 1. You have to trust that God is soverign and behind everything that happens in your life. Consequently, 2. Faith keeps you in a constant state of uncertainty, making you feel like you are continually suspended in mid-air. You have no control over anything! Women usually hate this because when we "think" we are in control, we feel safer and more secure. This false sense of security gives us a false sense of peace. The crazy thing is that it's not until we let go of our own control and give the reins over to Soverign God that we experience real peace. God wants us to depend on Him moment by moment. When we do, we give God an opportunity to come through and when he does, we can peacefully rest in Him. I still don't understand why God took my dad away from us, but I don't need to figure that out. All I need to do is eat the daily bread He gives me for today and remain faithful to what He's called me to. In doing this, I KNOW that when God takes things from me, he knows how and when to replace them. Not that He's going to replace my dad because that would be impossible. Anyone who knew him knows there is no one like him! But God will replace the pain of my loss by giving me more of Himself or somehow through love from others. So since I will never know all the answers, I choose to be like the Isrealites and get my manna for today. I will not store up manna or worry about tomorrow. I can trust in Him because He is trustworthy. The One who feeds me today is the same One who will feed me tomorrow. That's faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment