Saturday, August 22, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

Remember that show? The one Bill Cosby hosted? Actually I've seen one before that's from the 60's. I love the way those boys fixed their hair! Anyway, today we went to Chuck E. Cheese's. Not the best experience I've had there. I went next door to K-Mart to do a little shopping with Isaiah while the boys got settled with Aaron and waited for our pizza. Every time I think Isaiah has thrown the biggest fit ever, he surprises me with another level. Yep. Today was definitely the biggest fit EVER and I really hope it doesn't go up from there. He didn't want to be in the cart but I wasn't about to chase after him with a huge cart AND try to shop. So I threw him in the back and he literally laid down in the cart, started kicking his legs, flailing his arm, and screaming louder than I've ever heard him scream before! I didn't have a spoon or a binky, so I raced the cart over to the kitchen isle and we settled things there if you know what I mean! He calmed down for the moment, but still didn't want anything else in the cart nor did he want me to touch the cart. Those were his words for the day. This morning, however, while we were getting ready to go, Judah couldn't wait to see Chuck E. I wasn't sure why, because he hadn't ever shown interest in him before, so of course I asked. He said, "I'm gonna show him my new underware!" I'm sure whoever is in that suit would love to see that! Then after the boy's bath tonight, I had to give Gabe a spanking for deliberately disobeying me. As we were talking it over, I told him how he has to learn how to obey me and his dad because one day he's going to have a boss or a Pastor who he will have to submit to even if he doesn't want to. And of course there's God. How can he obey his still small voice if he can't obey mine (which isn't as still or small as I'd like it to be)! His response to me was, "Mommy, I won't have to submit to a Pastor because I'm gonna be the Pastor." It was the first time I'd ever heard him say anything like this, so I was surprised and said, "Wow! Really?" And he said (totally seriously), "Na, I'm gonna be the Easter Bunny instead."

2 comments:

  1. Amazing!! Did Chuck ever get to see the new undies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, he didn't show up! Good thing cause Judah was ready!

    ReplyDelete