Friday, September 11, 2009

Coffee Break

The past two weeks have been very busy. I'm adjusting to homeschooling the boys while trying to keep up with everyday life, not to mention youth ministry. The first week of school went great. The boys love the crafts that go along with the Bible stories and they are memorizing scripture very quickly. We will be doing letters next week, so I'm anxious to see how that goes. This week was a bit different. I couldn't do school Monday or Tuesday, so on Wednesday I was playing catch up for all three days. That was crazy! Then on Thursday I doubled up with Friday because I knew we were going out of town. So this morning, while I'm buzzing around the house trying to get everyone ready, Isaiah shows up in my bedroom with brown stains on his pajamas. I asked Gabe what it was and he told me that Isaiah had climbed up on the kitchen chair and drank his juice. I was still a little suspicious, so I went to the kitchen to check. Everything appeared to be normal, so I continued to go about my buzzing. On the way out the door I said, "Wait! I need my coffee!" The second I picked it up I had a flashback. The cup was empty and right then it dawned on me why Isaiah's pajamas were stained. HE DRANK MY COFFEE!!! Thank God it was cold, but it was my leftovers from Starbucks that I really wanted! I guess we all need a coffee break once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment