Monday, October 26, 2009

Angels and Demons

Admittedly I don't know much about angels or demons. I only know a few passages I've read in the Bible, but I do have a story...
One night, Gabe was complaining for the first time about not liking his room so dark. I've never used a night light for them so I was surprised that all of a sudden he noticed how dark his room was. I asked him why, and he said that he was afraid that someone might be in his room, and if they were he couldn't see them (not like he'd be able to protect himself or anything). Thinking I was going to calm his fears, I said that there were angels in his room to protect him. To my total surprise, this scared him even more! So I said, "Oh I just saw him fly out the window." Now he was afraid it would be standing outside of his window all night looking at him. So I pulled back the curtain to show him there was no scary angel there. After talking briefly about angels, he asked me what they look like. I must have been really tired because I kept making the situation worse. I said, "They are huge men with huge wings!" I thought that would bring him comfort. Immediately he starting crying and I quickly said, "Oh no Gabe it's ok, they are invisible!" He was really freaked out by that and now we were back to the original problem of someone being in his room and him not being able to see them!! Somehow I calmed him down and he was able to fall asleep. Maybe I should learn a little more about angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment