Friday, October 9, 2009

My Day

So...here was my day:
1. I had a good, long conversation on the phone with my Pastor's Wife
2. I untangled a chord that's been bothering me
3. I played on the computer much longer than I had planned
4. I cried about my dad being gone
5. I thought about how fast the boys are growing up and how I don't want to take life so seriously
6. I painted areas on the walls that desperately needed to be touched up
7. I talked to both of my 87 year old neighbors much longer than I normally would have
8. I picked up lunch at my husband's work and stayed a few extra minutes to flirt
Although I had many things planned for my big day without the kids, maybe there were other, deeper things that were more important. Oh, and I did get my toenails painted a fun bright red color!

3 comments:

  1. allu!!!! u sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5 ~ They do grow up WAY too fast! CJ moved to Ruston for college last week! I have been looking at pictures and thinking back on things we did throughout his life. It's hard to believe that almost 20 years have come and gone! I treasure all the memories I have of his childhood. Now he is on his own, making memories without me! Whew! That's rough for a Mom! I thank God for the privilege of having CJ living with me for those 20 years! Now we are both beginning a new chapter in the book of our lives! Sure, it is bittersweet! But I am looking forward to what the Lord will do in us and through us! A new thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ishi,
    You sound like a proud mamma! Thanks for sharing.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete