Wednesday, January 13, 2010

God takes care of his children

I have just noticed lately how God has been taking care of me. I have been feeling overwhelmed and discouraged lately about being a mom, loosing my vision and purpose. It always reminds and convinces me anew that He knows exactly where I am and what's going on in my life. Here are a few recent things:
1. My mom took the boys overnight. That really means a lot to me for her to care about THEM and want to get to know who they are as people. You only get that from actual time spent with people. She was so brave and took all 3 by herself! I admire her courage!
2. My mother-in-law took Gabe and Judah to the movies and had them all day! I think I slept a lot that day.
3. Sometimes Aaron has to schedule meetings on Sunday mornings before church, so there is a girl from our youth group who comes to help me get the boys ready and get to church on time. Before she started coming I was 20 minutes late to church for a whole month! It's so embarrassing to me to walk right up to the front on the last song of worship. Maybe no one notices but I know I would! With her help we always get there early enough to put the boys in nursery and still make it to the first song of worship! Instead of arriving to church frustrated, frantic, and late, I arrive calm, at peace, and ready for whatever God has.
4. A guy from our youth group, whose actually in college, offered to help with the boys. This is huge for me since Aaron is not able to spend much time with them in this season of our life. On top of that, I am so unathletic and girly. Most of the time people offer things but don't follow through on it. You know the whole, "Let me know if you need anything." I know they mean it but it's totally different when someone calls and says, "Hey can I take the boys to the park today?" So that's what he did. He was with them for 4 hours!!! I got so much house work done, I even ironed my bedroom curtains! Things like this give me back wind in my sails.
5. A girl from our youth group has come over before and almost completely cleaned my house for free! Her desire is to spend time with me and bless me! That always humbles me. Not only that, but she keeps calling to offer her services so I don't have to feel weird and call her to say, "Hey can you come clean my house?" Who wants to do that? Then, she offered to come watch the boys for a couple of hours so I can go to a coffee shop to read and think!
6. We went to Ruth's Chris (a very nice, fine dining steak house if you're not from around here) with a gift card from my mom and as we were going to pay, our waitress told us that someone had picked up the check! So now we get to go again with the gift card!
7. And of course spending time with my best friend and husband, Aaron, always rescues me. He is so busy but can always see when I'm drowning. He quickly makes plans for a date night where I get to vent and he refocuses me by reminding me of my vision and purpose as a wife and a mother.
Thank you God for all of the wonderful people in my life and for sending them my way right when I need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment